Sunday, June 10, 2018

Blogging Summer Spark!

My goal is the blog about my experiences at USM Summer Spark which is a two day conference on innovative teaching practices. Many educators that I have met online via Twitter and other conferences will be attending. Never before have I spent my own money to travel to and attend a conference. From all I've heard it is worth every penny.

About a month into this school year I knew I would need something to reinvigorate my love for teaching and get me excited again. Without getting into any details I just want the ready to understand that of my 15 years teaching this one was the most trying and exhausting. I don't want you to also think this is because I'm now a veteran teacher and am old and jaded. Not at all. I leave the complaining to those around me and try to remain positive. Try to remain positive.

Planning ahead I got to Milwaukee a few days early and saw some sites as I anxiously awaited my colleagues. Tonight I get to meet many as we wine and dine. Wait. Not wine in Wisconsin. Beer. We'll gather around and talk teacher. With teachers I find there is never a lull in conversation and teachers generally like to talk. Often about teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment