Friday, December 16, 2016

Dr. Evil's Evil Plan

Over the summer I put in for materials to do a BreakoutEdu through DonorsChoose. Funding was completed (thank you donors!) and I had all materials by mid-October. I put an enormous amount of work into setting up a meaningful game for my physics class that would require use of 1D and 2D kinematics. The response was overwhelmingly positive! I was surprised at how quickly they caught on and were immediately engaged. I divided my class of 7 into 2 groups. Each group got a copy of an email from Dr. Nefarious to Dr. Evil. If they solved the puzzles it would reveal their secret plan. As secret agents they had to report back to me their findings. The place, time, and escape route of the criminal activity.



I had them go into different rooms to complete the game. One group finished in the 40 minutes but the other got stuck on one puzzle but had used all their hints. Everyone still had a good time. Next, I will be devising a review game for use with my 8th graders. That will be not group, but a whole class BreakoutEdu game.


If you are interested in the physics game I devised please contact me.

No comments:

Post a Comment